Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jonah Goldberg, Although Still Dumb, Manages to be Half Right.

He is right to argue that
Some church in Florida wants to burn Korans on 9/11. I am at a loss as to how this isn’t a repugnant and stupid idea. Public book-burning, by its very nature, is offensive no matter what the book. Burning the Koran is idiotic on every level, even for people who think Islam is to blame for terrorism.
He is wrong to argue that 
I never said the government should ban this nut from burning Korans. Indeed, my position on this is pretty much identical to my position on the Ground Zero mosque: there’s a right to do it, but that doesn’t make it a good or smart idea.
Because he here suggests that the Islamic Community Center is somehow or another equivalent to burning books.  The controversy over the ICC is ginned by a bunch of geographically ignorant know nothings who want, well, I really do not know what they want but, like Professor Wagstaff, whatever it is, I'm against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment