Friday, October 29, 2010

Jonah Goldberg Hates America

America is as much a state of mind as it is a state.  For the longest time, America, as a state of mind, meant things like rule of law, fair play, politeness, and related whatnotery.  Recently, Jonah Goldberg decided that to be authentically American meant not just rejecting all those fundamentally American state of mind dealios but developing a new mindset that more closely reflects the false allegations about Lucrezia Borgia.  To wit:
So again, I ask: Why wasn’t Assange garroted in his hotel room years ago?
It’s a serious question.
He concludes that Assange's death is, unfortunately, unlikely because
it’s the law. Ultimately, I don’t expect the U.S. government to kill Assange, but I do expect them to try to stop him. Alas, as of now, the plan seems to be to do nothing at all.
 What, I wonder, does he expect America to do? And, I ask, why does Jonah Goldberg hate America?

No comments:

Post a Comment