Friday, August 5, 2011

Taco Thursday

I have on at least three occasions tried to make a tritip roast on the grill and, as at least one sibling can attest, produced an undercooked and tasteless meal. Last night, however, I think I got it right. So at Ish Kabbibile's Smoke Shack and Grill, Thursday will be taco night:
What I did was to season it and then poke a bunch of holes in it with a meat fork. I grilled two yellow peppers, a couple of whole onions and some portabellas with lemon until they were done. I made rice with garlic, jalepeno and cherry tomatoes. Then I grilled the tritip for ten mins a side and then put it off the heat for another 15 mins and then rested it for 5-10 mins. The meat eaters like the meaty tacos while the Vegitarian claimed that the rice etc, at least I think it was the etc as well, was very good.

2 comments:

  1. Surprised to see beef, not pork. Did you grill the shells? For the vegetarian in y'all, beans would be good. Whole Food black beans in bulk are excellent. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shells ar4e the grilled onions sliced for tacos. I used a tin of refried bean, would have done them from scratch but I didn't figure out what I wanted to do until noonish.

    ReplyDelete