Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gloves

I like crocheted bike gloves. I used to buy the Performance bike one because they were really good quality and cheap. Now, however, they no longer make or, at least, sell them. So I started buying the Bontrager ones. Last year, for example, I bought two but ordered them through the LBS because you know support matters. It took a month and half for the gloves to show. So this year, I bought two pair from Trek's online store. The gloves showed up in two days, I think it was. Amazing. A week or two after wearing one every third day, there's glove rotation in my life, one them did this:


I used their web-based contact email dealio on the 2nd, got an email from them on the third asking for the picture. Sent the picture on the same day; received a reply on the the fifth telling me to expect the gloves next week. On Friday these showed up in the mail:


My only complaint is aesthetic: I wish they were the color of the original crocheted gloves, which is the red whit and blue of French - or I always assumed it was the French.
Let's hear it for Trek. Not only fine bike, great service and "giving back," screw Bike Snob's anti-Trek bike snobery.

No comments:

Post a Comment