Thursday, October 14, 2010

NRO Gets it Wrong Again.

On Wednesday Michelle Obama said that
Obama needs allies in Washington like [Alexi] Giannoulias and supporters like those at the fundraiser.
"I told you that you had to have my husband's back ... I told you that if I were giving him up, you had to have his back because my husband can't do this alone. He can't do it alone. He needs leaders like Alexi right by his side," she said.
On Thursday, which is today, the NRO's Katheryn Jean Lopez turned that into evidence for the claim that
[t]he Obamas are not about inspiring you to hope and change anymore. They’re about shaming you.

I’m perplexed at the current FLOTUS tour. Last night, for instance, she announced: “I told you that you had to have my husband’s back … I told you that if I were giving him up, you had to have his back because my husband can’t do this alone. He can’t do it alone.”

Insulting your base’s sticktoitiveness may just leave you a base that’s increasingly frustrated with you.
Obviously, Obama was asking for supporters to send another Democratic candidate to DC.  Lopez, who conveniently doesn't provide a link, misrepresents the content of the First Lady's speech in order to insult both the First Lady, the President, and their supporters. Comments like these are like the "polite" version of this billboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment