Friday, May 18, 2012

To Tell The Truth Or Parsing the 99%

Jacques Brel, who we have discussed before, was a wildly popular singer/song writer. In this song he, I think, makes a point about the constant grinding misery of being an unwilling pawn of a bunch of rich bastards who, like Mitt Romney, despise those of born to poor parents while also articulating the single most heartfelt desire of the rest of who squirm under their unfeeling thumbs and boot heels: to no longer be victims while refusing to be executioners.



And yes, if you are interested, I think there is  a link between Camus, and the Jansenists, notion of Deus absconditus and Brel's work, which is to the extent a better world awaits it awaits on some collective action that I, like Sterling Hayden, doubt will or can succeed.

1 comment:

  1. After I initially left a comment I appear
    to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added-
    checkbox and now each time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the exact same comment. Perhaps there is an easy method
    you are able to remove me from that service? Kudos!
    Also see my web site - advanced cardiac life support pretest

    ReplyDelete