Friday, January 20, 2012

Jonah Goldberg Still Dumb

So the other day Jonah Goldberg made with the wisecracks about kids and their stupidity because they rely on Wikipedia. He argued that with Wikipedia down for the SOPA/PIPA disaster that
[t]omorrow you should go up to a 20-something and tell them things like “the fern is the world’s most popular carnivorous plant” and “Henry VIII invented the internal combustion engine, but kept it secret to protect the environment” and they will have no choice but to believe you as they will have no idea how to use, never mind find, a “reference book.”
Those kids with their stupid stupidity. Well guess what? Today he admitted that.
the term is “shot caller” as in “he who calls the shots.” I’ve always heard “shock caller” when watching such shows as Sons of Anarchy. The term made vague sense to me in that it seems like the “shock collars” were the folks who took care of things on the inside of prison when it was time to pull some the leash on someone or some such. Before I wrote that last night I even googled “gang” and “shock collar.” There were enough results that I figured I could move on. But this morning, after being corrected by readers, I went and re-checked. I was wrong.
Some people lack all self-consciousness of their own tendency toward projection.

No comments:

Post a Comment